Position Title: NURSE PRACTITIONER
Supervisor: Nurse Manager
Position Classification: Exempt, Regular Full-time
Prepared By: Human Resources
Provides assistance and support to members and other medical providers in assessing, planning, and providing patient care. Ensuring the delivery of quality care and services as designed and in accordance with company’s culture. Responsible for conducting patient visits related to acute and chronic care management. Assist with the development, implementation, management, and achievement of specific programs / site objectives and initiatives, including coding and partnership for quality.
We are looking for people who are:
- Improvement focused
- Team focused
- Relationship focused
- Listeners who relate with people
- Have a whole-person view
Walterboro Practice – Full Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for conducting patient visits for work-in, walk-in, and other chronic care management visits
- Communicates with member per member’s preference of communication modalities when appropriate
- Responsible for conducting preventative visits including well women and men visits
- Conducts virtual visits and responds to member and other clinicians electronic request in a timely manner
- Assists team members with inbound clinical triage
- Provides direction to interdisciplinary team/ staff regarding treatment of the patient conditions
- Manages acute care and chronic care activities
- Identify, develop, and implement clinical protocols and obtain approval from physicians for patient treatment
- Assists with patient education activities
- Conducts presentations and community sessions pertaining to disease specific process and wellness
- Monitors the quality of care delivered
- Completes chart reviews on a regular basis
- Provides and receives feedback on quality of care being delivered to ensure JCAHO and other regulatory standards are met
- Please note: this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties and responsibilities may change with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS:
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and responsiveness to members, families and team members.
- Ability to demonstrate mutual respect and build a trusting environment with members, families and team members.
- Makes meaningful improvement to services, programs and processes and/or organizational effectiveness that create new value for members and employees.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with various stakeholder groups.
- Works collaboratively across disciplines and administrative functions across the organization and in the community.
- Shares and receives information, concerns and feedback in a supportive manner.
- Ability to participate towards a common goal, reinforcing individual capabilities.
- Seeks to build on strengths.
- Ability to assess external factors that impact health and behavior.
- Practice shared accountability between members, families, teams and partners.
- Ability to show empathy.
- Graduate an accredited program for Nurse Practitioners / FNP or Physician’s Assistant program
- Advanced education and training in the diagnosis and management of common medical conditions and chronic illnesses
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in applicable state
- Cardiac Life Support (ACLS PALS) Certification. Current Certification by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or American Nurse Credentialing Center, (NP), or Current Certification by the National Commission of Physician’s Assistants
- Meets all requirements in order to obtain associate medical staff membership and required privileges of service
- Eligible for a DEA and a NPI #
- Experience with EH records
- Experience in a family practice/ team based-setting
- Weight lifted or force exerted: Up to 10 pounds (under 1/3 time), Up to 25 pounds (under 1/3 time), Up to 50 pounds (under 1/3 time), Up to 100 pounds (under 1/3 time), More than 100 pounds (under 1/3 time)
- Special vision requirements: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
State of South Carolina Certification for Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner, State of South Carolina Registered Nurse License
- Two (2) years of experience in an ambulatory care setting preferred;
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required
- Nurse Practitioner (Adult NP or Family NP) in good standing with South Carolina Licensing Board;
- South Carolina State Authority granting Prescribing and Dispensing Authority;
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Certificate;
- Must possess and maintain a valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
- Must provide at least three (3) business related reference letters.
- Must pass a background check and drug test;